Second concealer review today, and it might just seem like I have a concealer obsession. While I already have a holy grail under eye concealer(skin food salmon under eye concealer), my blemish-specific concealers always don’t seem to be an exact match to my skin. (But do note that this concealer is targeted to under eyes, but I use it for blemishes as well)
Admittedly, I was given this by Vanity Trove for April’s Trove, but OMG, I LOVE THIS CONCEALER! Reviews are 100% honest! You can get this from sasa.com as well for those located internationally.
Packaging [4/5]: It’s housed in a squeeze tube mimicking most tube glosses. While I don’t prefer this sort of packaging, one can always understand the practicality of it – sanitary reasons. The slant tip allows you to swipe the product in one wiping motion, which is really well thought out. I digress… if you think about squeeze tubes with the pointed funnel tip (Like the new UDPP design- see below), you usually get product overflowing to the sides, you then have to wipe around the funnel to actually clean the product, or get the nasty congelation in the cap. Slanted tip allows manageable tip, while maintaining the same precision of extraction. I digress even further into something totally irrelevant… the mascot is clearly a bear, but paw prints on the tube actually looks like a dog’s paw (4 fingers) rather than a bear’s (5 fingers).
Range/Color: Comes in 3 different colors, but with the same shade. (Guess this is the con for most Japanese/Korean cosmetics, they really don’t cater to people with darker skin tone. The description of the shades are as follows:
- Zero Kuma Concealer (01 Natural Beige) is best suited to conceal light dark circles.
- Zero Kuma Concealer (02 Yellow Beige) has a light shade that works wonderfully to cover dark circles caused by pigmentation or skin dullness.
- Zero Kuma Concealer (03 Orange Beige) conceals dark circles caused by poor blood circulation. This orangey shade hides blood vessels around tired eyes well.
The colors are way too light for compared to my skin tone (NC20-25), but it somehow always manages to adapt few minutes after application. I worry it might because of oxidization, and not that the product adapts to my skin tone, I really can’t comment on that because I only tried this on myself.
Lasting Power[5/5]: Haven’t had such a long lasting concealer, even with oily skin, this stays without me needing to touch up for 10 hours (probably more, but I don’t wear makeup that long)!
Coverage[5/5]: High in coverage, this is well deserving of the saying “a little goes a long way”. It might be even good for masking of tattoos.
Texture[4/5]: I used 02 Yellow Beige for my blemishes and 03 Orange Beige for my under eyes, both reveals a really matte finish. Because of it’s high pigmentation, it does cake up if you use a lot, but with the formal reasoning, I don’t think you’ll need that much. (Oxymoronic, I know!). Unlike most liquid concealers that comes in a tube (On the top of my head, Hard Candy’s Glamoflauge), the ingredients are tightly infused together. You won’t get sedimentation of oil when you squeeze the product out.
English description at the back.
This concealer also acts somewhat like a BB Cream, with special ingredients to actually treat your skin! While I haven’t felt any substantial effects, it’s considered a bonus for me!
- Zero Kuma Concealer (01 Natural Beige) consists of special hydrating ingredients Super lower- molecular Hyaluronic Acid- A, Water-soluble Collagen and Rose Water to moisturise under eye areas.
- Zero Kuma Concealer (02 Yellow Beige) contains brightening ingredients Vitamin C Derivative, Chamomilla Recutita Extract and Prune Extract.
- Zero Kuma Concealer (03 Orange Beige) contains beauty ingredients Swertia Japonica Extract, Silver Birch Leaves Extract & Amino Acid (Glycine) to revive tired-looking eyes by improving blood circulation around eye areas.
Overall [4.5]: Get it’s! It’s affordable about US$12.80 at sasa.com or www.beautycarousel.com or for SGD$19.90 at SG sasa stores!! Don’t get it if you any darker than NC/NW30.