Garnier advertised their new BB Cream as a product that “hydrates, corrects wrinkles and imperfections, protects with SPF 15, even and brightens skin tone”. After trying this product out for just under a month now I’ll let you know if this BB Cream does everything it says it does.
This Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream was the first BB Cream I’ve ever tried. Canada doesn’t have the best selection when it comes to BB Creams, so when Garnier first came out with one, I thought it would be worth a try. It was affordable (CAN $13), so I figured even if it wasn’t great, I wasn’t out that much money.
The smell is awful! First thing I notice about products is if they have a weird smell. It’s probably not an awful smell for everyone, but something about it is extremely odd to me. It’s almost like a really clean, lotion-y scent (horrible explanation, I know! I’m terrible at describing smells).
- The consistency of this BB Cream is unlike any product I’ve ever tried. It’s so smooth and easy to apply it’s as if you’re putting on a really nice lotion thats smooth and easily blended.
- Very moisturizing
- Good coverage for a non foundation product
- Gives a sun kissed/dewy finish [as you can see in the picture, the area with no BB Cream is much less dewy and healthy looking]
- Doesn’t break me out [dry/combination skin]
- Evens skin tone
- Long lasting [wore for 8 hour straight and only had to powder once]
- Covers redness
- Smell – personally I find the smell not very appealing, but I had read some reviews where people love the smell. So I suppose this ‘con’ is all personal preference
- Not full coverage [but it isn't meant to be]
- May not work well for oily skin because it gives a dewy look and is really moisturizing
- Packaging – I find the packaging very cheap looking, and sometimes will have left over hardened product when you go to use it the next day
- Shade availability – only comes in “light/medium” and “medium/dark”. The light/medium fits my skin tone perfectly but it is still quite dark, and probably wouldn’t suit most fair skinned people
- No oil control
As much as I like the product, and will still continue to use it until it runs out, I probably won’t buy it again. I find myself still reaching for my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer when I want a product with light coverage. I really can’t stand the smell of the BB Cream and hate the packaging. I know those are two things that are completely unrelated to how it works on my skin, but when I buy a product I look for the whole package. I want to like everything [or mostly everything] about it. I do love that this gives a very dewy and healthy glow to my face [much like my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation], as well as it evens my skin really well, so for those reasons I will continue to use it once and a while.
Have you tried this product? What do you think?
Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter @LindaAlicia_ & check out my first ever YouTube video here.
I’ll be shooting more videos soon, so let me know what you think, and make sure you subscribe!