So I know the Golden Globes are old news now, but I couldn’t get Dianna Agron’s makeup out of my head. It was so simple, yet totally amazing! The second I saw those red lips on the red carpet, I knew I must recreate it! Did you know Temptalia sometimes lists the products that was used on the red carpets? Luckily for me, Dianna’s makeup artist used all L’Oreal products! So the first chance I got, I raced out to Target to get my hands on all of them. But after looking over my makeup collection, I realized I already have some of the products, so I only picked up the lipstick and blush.
- Apply an illuminating primer to your face. I used Benefit’s That Gal Brightening Primer. Let it soak in while you start on your eyes.
- Apply a primer and neutral base to your eye. I used Two Faced Shadow Insurance and Mac’s Painterly Paint Pot.
- Use a cream color shadow all over the lid and up towards the brow. I used Inglot # 353.
- Then take a lighter brown, like Inglot # 357, and work it into your crease blending up towards the brow and down onto the lid slightly. Also, take this down onto the lower lash line with a pencil brush.
- Next take a medium brown, like Inglot # 327, and apply it lightly into the crease, just to darken it up a bit.
- Grab a black pencil liner, I used the L’Oreal Smoldering Effects Liner, which is what they used on her, and draw a line across your upper lash line, stopping 2/3 of the way in. and making it thicker on the outer corner. You want this to slightly resemble a cat eye liner, but it doesn’t have to be perfect, because now smudge it out slightly. Also, lightly line the outer 1/3 of your lower lash line to dark it out.
- Then take a dark chocolate brown, like Inglot # 329, and place it at the top of the liner to soften the line and take it into your outer corner.
- Take a light shimmery off white shadow, like Mac’s Shroom and highlight your brow and inner corner, also take it onto your lid slightly to really brighten that inner corner.
- Then take a nude or white liner and line your lower waterline.
- Lastly, apply lots of black mascara, they used L’Oreal’s Voluminious False Lashes Mascara, and you can apply false lashes too.
- Now that we’re all done with the eyes, apply your foundation of choice. I used Neutrogena’s Healthy Skin Foundation in Nude. And make sure to apply concealer too! I used Maybelline’s Age Rewind Concealer in Light. Then set everything with your favorite setting powder, I used ELF’s Translucent setting powder.
- Lightly contour your face, I used my Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sunlight, and apply blush to the apples of your cheeks. They used L’Oreal Magic Smooth cream blush in Celestial. Then I used a duo fiber brush and applied a little more bronzer over top of the blush to darken it up slightly.
- Next line your lips with a red lip liner. I used Mac’s Cherry Lip Liner. Then apply a darker red to your lips. They used L’Oreal’s Infalliable Lipstick in Bold Bordeaux.
And your done!! This would be the perfect romantic date look, or perfect for a formal event such as Homecoming or Prom! I wore this out to the grocery store and got several compliments on it!